The Backyard Growers Program (BYG), in partnership with The Food Project, helps low- to moderate-income Gloucester residents create sustainable backyard vegetable gardens. We provide raised beds, compost, garden installation, seedlings, seeds, training, and mentoring.
Contribute to BYG, it's safe and easy!
- Introduce Gloucester residents to the benefits of home gardening
- Increase awareness of and access to fresh local produce
- Build community and self-sufficiency through backyard farming
- Improve environmental conditions in downtown neighborhoods
- Low- to moderate-income Gloucester residents
- Beginner and experienced gardeners
- People who already have gardens or those who are starting from scratch
- People with backyards that receive full sun and have access to water
- Right-click the PDF icon to download the application form
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR mail or deliver application to 9 Beacon Street
OR return application to your child’s school
- For more information contact Lara at 978-317-8025 or email@example.com
- Visit the Backyard Growers Program on Facebook!